Black Eyed Peas
1 pound black-eyed peas
4 cups water
1 medium onion
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 smoked turkey necks
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ cup margarine
1. Wash dried pies thoroughly in strainer picking out small pebbles.
2. Place peas in pot and add water covering peas, place in refrigerator for 24 hours.
3. Next day place pot of peas over medium heat.
4. Add remaining ingredients in pot and cover.
5. Bring to rapid boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 1½ to 2 hours or until tender. Serves 4 to 6.